Still in a reading slump. Like, what is wrong with me? Oh, maybe it’s stress. Another kid living with us. New position at work. My KDP account is disabled and all my books are gone.
But hey, who’s counting, right?
Anywho, I found this book tag that was created by Megan on Goodreads. So, here we go.
- Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I used to but I started training myself little by little to get over it. We had a six hour drive one way to southwest Arkansas so I used that trip to help me get over the car sickness. I crocheted a little then I read from my Kindle then I would look up. I cycled this out in fifteen minute increments.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
I love Grady Hendrix. The way he includes other pieces of information that are relevant to the story but not actually part of it. News clippings. Interviews. Catalog descriptions. I love it all so much.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga. Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Really? Is this a question? Harry Potter. No question. But let me tell you why? Despite JK Rowlings and all her issues, this story literally helped raise a generation. I got to see kids reading books. They read on the bus. During breakfast, lunch, and snack. During quiet time. At the park. Twilight featured a toxic abusive relationship covered in glitter. Harry Potter was about overcoming evil and the true meaning of friendship.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it besides books?
I don’t. I have a purse. Like a real live grown up adult purse. And it is big enough to fit my phone, wallet, keys, and a book.
5. Do you smell your books?
Yes. When I first get them. When I get them home. When I take them off the shelf. And occasionally as I read.
6. Books with or without illustrations?
Either way. I’ll probably wind up looking up fanart any way and come across a spoiler.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing.
Do my own books count?
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood?
So, I started reading at about 4 years old. I was reading one of my favorite stories to my mom when she realized I was holding the book upside down.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Excluding my son’s books, I would have to say the first book I wrote. “It’s All Your Fault.”
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do write. I would like to do it as a career.
12. When did you get into reading?
I’ve always been a reader. I loved reading early on.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
14. In school was you best subject Language Arts/English?
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated – what would you do?
I would take it to my favorite used bookshop and trade it for a different book.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I don’t know any of them mainly because they’re pretty YA genre and I’ve been sticking to cozy mysteries. If I had to give a suggestion I would say The Savior’s Champion and the Savior’s Sister by Jenna Moreci would be Hunger Games ish. https://amzn.to/2X8JR2C Twenty competitors. Thirty days. One prize. You should check it out.
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I get distracted. Family. TV. Facebook. I really should do this when there are less people awake.
18. What is your favorite word?
I try to keep this page fairly PG. So, I can’t say my favorite word but I will say it’s super versatile and rhymes with truck.
19. Are you a nerd or a geek?
20. Vampires or Fairies?
It really depends. Are we going like Vlad Dracul or sparkle sparkle Edward type? If I can be like Anne Rice vampire, heck yeah.
21. Shapeshifters or angels?
Shapeshifters. Supernatural makes me question angels.
22. Spirits or werewolves?
Again are we talking like wolfman/Underworld werewolves or the large shaggy dogs? I’m a fan of ghosts but if we’re leaning towards Underworld, then awooooooooooooooooooooooo.
23. Zombies or vampires?
Zombies are so cool. Like I love all things zombies. Bring them on.
24. Love triangle or forbidden love?
Love triangles are dreadful.
25. And finally, full on romance books or action packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Give me blood and heat. Give me action and spice. I want to feel all the feels. Make me cry. Make me swoon. Make me throw the book across the room.
So, there you have it. This was fun. I hope you enjoyed and please share your answers too.
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly
Leave a Reply