As a 44 year old mom, my bucket list for the summer is pretty short. I have to say though, I am really looking forward to doing some of these things before the summer is over!
- Spend time with my family – This is definitely at the top of my list. I’m looking forward to spending time with my 19 year old daughter, 17 year old step daughter, and 8 year old son. We have a lot of fun together and I’m grateful for every moment we get to spend together. I want to spend some time just relaxing at home with my family. We’re all so busy with school and work that we don’t get to spend enough time together. I’m looking forward to kicking back and watching some movies or playing some games together.
- Grill out – There’s something about cooking food on the grill that just makes it taste better. I’m looking forward to firing up the grill a few times this summer.
- Watch a movie outdoors – A nice, cool breeze while watching a movie outdoors sounds perfect to me.
- Visit a state park – Missouri has some beautiful state parks and I’d like to visit a few this summer.
- Have a picnic – What’s more fun than packing up a few snacks and drinks and finding a spot outdoors to enjoy them?
- Go swimming – This one is a no-brainer in the summertime! I’m looking forward to spending time swimming with my family.
- Ride bikes – Another activity that is perfect for summer is riding bikes. My kids love it and it’s a great way to get some exercise too!
- Take my son fishing. He’s been asking me to take him for years, but I’ve always been too busy. This summer, I’m going to make time for it. I know he’s going to love it!
These are the last few items on my summer bucket list, but I’m sure I’ll come up with more things as the weather starts to cool down. Wish me luck!
If you’re like me, and your bucket list is a little on the short side, don’t worry! There’s still plenty of time to cross some things off. What are you waiting for? Get out there and have some fun! I’d love to hear about your summer adventures – share them with me in the comments below.