The kids are saying they’re bored, your spouse is getting on your last nerve, and the dog has been driving you crazy. It’s time for a summer break! But all the usual vacation hotspots are booked solid or too expensive. Never fear, intrepid mom blogger here to give you some ideas for amazing (and affordable!) last minute summer trips. Whether you want to stay close to home or explore a new corner of the world, I’ve got you covered. So pack your bags and let’s go!
- Road trip! Get in the car and drive somewhere. It can be anywhere, as long as it’s a new place to you. Make a playlist of your favorite songs and pack some snacks. You’ll have a blast!
- Visit a state or national park. There are so many beautiful parks in the US, and most of them are free to visit. Hike some trails, go fishing, or just relax by the river.
- Take a camping trip. If you have a tent and some camping gear, this is a great option for a cheap summer vacation. Pitch your tent in a campground near some beautiful scenery and enjoy nature at its finest.
- Hit up the beach. If you live near the ocean, go spend a few days at the beach. Swim in the ocean, build sandcastles, and eat lots of seafood. Soak up the rays, build sandcastles, and splash in the waves. Just don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Go on a road trip with friends. Grab your best friends and hit the open road. Decide where you want to go. Do you want to explore a new city, or spend some time in the great outdoors? Once you’ve decided on your destination, start planning your route. If you’re going to be spending time in the car, you’ll want to make sure you have plenty of snacks and entertainment options. See new places and explore new things together. It’ll be an adventure you’ll never forget.
- A trip to visit family or friends – If you don’t feel like venturing too far from home, why not take a trip to visit family or friends? You can all catch up on each other’s news while enjoying some quality time together. Just be sure to schedule enough time for everyone to have their own individual space too!
- A road trip to a theme park – If your family loves theme parks, then a road trip to one is the perfect solution for your last minute summer trip. You can spend days exploring all the different rides and attractions at the park and create memories that will last a lifetime. Just be sure to pack lots of sunscreen and water!
- A visit to a nearby city – If you’re looking for something a bit more urbanized than a camping trip or road trip to the beach, why not visit a nearby city? There’s usually always something going on in cities, whether it’s concerts, festivals, or just good old fashioned sightseeing. Plus, most cities have great restaurants and shopping options too.
- Beach trip! If you’re looking for some sun and sand, a beach trip is perfect. Head to the nearest ocean, lake, or river and enjoy the water views and sounds.
- Museum trip! Whether you’re into art, history, science, or all of the above, there’s a museum for you. Spend a day or weekend exploring everything they have to offer.
- Theme park trip! If you’re looking for some excitement and adventure, a theme park is the perfect choice. Ride roller coasters, go on water rides, and explore all the park has to offer.
These are just a few ideas to help you make the most of the end of summer. No matter what you do, just remember to have fun and enjoy these last few weeks of warm weather!